Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study. As an apprentice you will:
Work alongside experienced staff
Gain job-specific skills
Earn a wage and get holiday pay
Study towards related quailfications
Apprenticeships take 1 to 4 years to complete depending on their level.
These levels are:
Intermediate - equivalent to 5 GCSE passes
Advanced - equivalent to 2 A Level passes
Higher - can lead to NVQ level 4 and above, or a foundation degree.
Legal and Business Administration Vacancies
OCC have several vacancies for highly motivated, positive individuals who want to work in a professional office alongside legal professionals and other administrative staff. For further details see here
Thames Valley Police Cadet Programme
The Cadet Programme aims to provide young people between the ages of 13 and 18, from all the parts of society, an opportunity to develop their qualities and skills through a structured programme, and to enhance the relationship between the public and police. It is about including teenagers irrespective of their background, financial circumstances or vulnerability to crime or social exclusions. By joining the scheme, young people will also get opportunity to express their views on policing and will act as conduits for passing on policing messages to the wider community.
Please follow the link below for more information:
If you wish to volunteer your time on a regular basis and are aged over 16 (16-18 year olds need the permission of a parent or guardian) please follow the link below
Special Constable (Volunteer Police Officer)
Special Constables are Volunteer Police Officers who play an integral role in policing the Thames Valley. The role is diverse but demanding and you must be able to spare a minimum of 18 hours per month to join our busy teams across the force. No formal qualifications are required although we do expect honesty, integrity and a good level of physical fitness.
Please follow the link below for more information on the role of a Special Constable or if you are interested in becoming a Special Constable please follow the link below (please note that recruitment for this role opens and closes throughout the year)
If you wish to undertake work experience at Thames Valley Police, you will need to identify a person within the Force who would be willing to support and organise the work experience for you. The Thames Valley Police employee should then email the People Services Help Desk, requesting the documentation they will require to assist with the organisation of the work experience.
Programme Support Coordinator Apprentice
Becoming an Apprentice at the University of Oxford is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience, training and qualifications.
This is a fantastic vacancy if you are interested in progressing a career in Business Administration.
· The Apprenticeship includes an 18-month training programme that will cover all aspects of the role which will be delivered by Abingdon & Witney College. You will complete a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
· This role plays an important part in providing operational, events and administrative support to the delivery of all existing full-time programmes, as well as facilitating a business-critical transition to a new online reading lists system which will facilitate the coordination and sharing of reading lists for all full-time degree Programmes. This role will be involved in supporting events and general support and administrative duties as required.
· Saïd Business School blends the best of new and old. It is a vibrant and innovative business school, but yet deeply embedded in an 800 year old world-class university.
· To apply for this post, you should have (or be expected to obtain) 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including English and Maths. You should demonstrate enthusiasm and aptitude for the skills taught in the Apprenticeship.
· Starting salary: £17,079 (salary progression through successful completion of programme).
To find out more and apply, please visit:
Applications close 12 noon on 9th June 2019.
Offers free advice and guidance to young people.