• Give learners the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the health and social care sector
• Give learners a more focused understanding of health and social care through the selection of optional specialist units
• Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of personal skills and techniques, through the selection of units that are essential for successful performance in working life
• Give opportunities for learners to achieve a nationally recognised level 1/level 2 health and social care qualification
• Support progression into a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship.
Component 1: Human Lifespan Development
Component 2: Health and Social Care Services and Values
Set when needed and during all assessment periods
Learning aim A Understand human growth and development across life stages and the factors that affect it
Learning Aim B Investigate how individuals deal with life events.
Learning aim A Understand the different types of health and social care services and barriers to accessing them
Learning Aim B Demonstrate care values and review own practice.
Part of the
WGS is part of the Acer Trust, a charitable company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales. Company No: 09591931. Registered Office: Matthew Arnold School, Arnolds Way, Oxford, OX2 9JE