UPDATED MARCH 24th 7.30am
This page gives the latest information on:
- Changes to procedures and general information
- Disruption to lessons, including any closure
- Specific Events cancellation.
1. Changes to Procedures and General Information
CHILDREN OF KEY WORKERS (EG HEALTH), SELF-EMPLOYED ETC
We are running a 'Real School' for students identified through the Government criteria for Key Workers or who require additional support. This is being led my Mr Askew. Anyone needing to use the Real School must contact Mr Askew in advance email@example.com
LEARNING FROM HOME
The majority of students will learn at home in our 'Virtual School'. Teachers will set work via Insight. Work for the two weeks up to Easter Holidays has been set. Information about work after Easter will follow.
Students may email teachers, who will respond when they are available. If a teacher is unwell, they may not responding to email. I am sure that you will understand the situation.
Students - please click here for instructions on how to access your Cloud Account and Insight from home.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
We are continuing to provide Free School Meals for those students who have arranged this. Today, we will run the same system as yesterday: if you are collecting your lunch, please do so from Reception; if you have arranged for lunch to be delivered this will happen after 12pm. Anyone eligible for Free School Meals who has not yet arranged one should contact Mr Tarrant firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the school office between 8.30am and 3pm.
2. Disruption to lessons, including any closure
The School is closed except for students who have signed up for Real School.
3. Specific Events Cancellation
These specific events have been cancelled:
- Year 10 ‘Woman in Black’ Trip Thursday 19th March 2020 is cancelled as the theatre is closed. Information about refunds will follow
- Immunisation Sessions: Friday 20th March 2020 and Monday 23rd March are cancelled. The NHS have notified that Public Health England have suspended all immunisation sessions until further notice. The School Health Nurse Team will contact the school and parents as soon as further information is available to advise you where and when students will be able to have their outstanding immunisations. The School Health Nurse Team are committed to ensuring that all students receive their immunisations as soon as possible.
- Year 11 Parents’ Evening Wednesday 25th March 2020 is cancelled. Given the restrictions on mass gatherings and people in schools, we have had to cancel this event. Instead, we will send a personalised written report for each GCSE subject to parents with the next review. Parents are welcome to email subject teachers with any additional queries.
- Year 11 Celebration Assembly Thursday 25th March 2020 is cancelled. We hope to recognise our students’ efforts at a later date.
- West Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Fair 26th March 2020 is cancelled.
- Charities Week (Monday 23rd March - Friday 27th March 2020) - This has been postponed until June/July.
- Extra-Curricular Sport Clubs – All Wood Green School extra-curricular Sports Clubs have been cancelled until further notice. Students have continued with their commitment to training and its disappointing that we are unable to continue with this and fulfil our fixtures at this time. Please encourage your children where possible to continue with their exercise regimes. We look forward to continuing with our great levels of success when we are in a position to reconvene our sporting programme.
- Fire Walk – Friday 27th
March 2020 - POSTPONED If you have any questions please email email@example.com
- Year 10 Geography Fieldwork Trip to Birmingham – 21st April 2020 Postponed until later in the school year. Further details to follow.
- Sixth Form UCAS Higher Education Exhibition (University of Winchester) Trip - Tuesday 28th April 2020. This trip has been cancelled. New date booked for Tuesday 4th June 2020.
- Oxford Playhouse - 'I Think We're Alone' Drama Trip - 7th May 2020 is cancelled. Further information to follow.
- Physical Theatre Day - Chipping Norton Theatre - 16th June 2020 has been cancelled. Further information to follow.
- Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions (Gold and Bronze) - Will be postponed until further notice.
GOVERNMENT'S LATEST ADVICE
Please click here for the latest Government Advice.