Wood Green is a true comprehensive school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our motto, ‘Excellence for All’, means that we strive to create a school in which all
students are motivated to learn, achieve highly and develop the wider skills and qualities necessary to be happy and successful. We are a school with strong values and everything we do - our curriculum, the wide range of enrichment opportunities and a focus on student achievement and welfare – are based on these values and contribute to ensuring there truly is excellence for all.
Some features of Wood Green School include:
- Our GCSE results in 2018 were the best ever for attainment and progress, demonstrating year-on-year improvement.
- In February 2017 Wood Green and three other schools in Oxfordshire co-founded the Acer Multi-Academy Trust. This is typical of our desire to collaborate with like-minded schools and brings more opportunities for staff development and student enrichment.
- Our Sixth Form works in close partnership with Henry Box School and Abingdon and Witney College to ensure our students have the widest choices anywhere in Oxfordshire.
- Our curriculum and wider enrichment are organised into our Wood Green Baccalaureate, which ensures that every student from year 7 through to year 13 are recognised for their achievements and effort. As a lead school in the National Baccalaureate Trust, we are working with schools nationally to create the very best curriculum for all students.
- We develop creativity and confidence through our extra-curricular programme, including our specialist Arts provision. Wood Green is a designated provider of the Oxfordshire Excellent Musicians Programme, one of only three such schools in the county.
- Starting from our bespoke Academic Enrichment programme in year 7, through to our compulsory Extended Project Qualification in Year 12, and many opportunities to participate in public speaking competitions, throughout the school we develop the range of thinking, talking and writing skills to be successful life-long learners.
- Our excellent links with universities, including the University of Oxford, and businesses ensure that every student develops aspirations beyond school.
- We believe that wellbeing is vital to being successful. Wood Green was chosen in 2015 by Nuffield Health to be their partner school nationally.
Some quotes from our most recent Ofsted report describe the school we are developing:
- Strong personal relationships between teachers and students contribute to students' learning.
- Students’ social, spiritual, moral and cultural development is promoted effectively across the school and strongly contributes to the school’s caring ethos
- All students have an equal opportunity to succeed
- Over their time at Wood Green School, students gain a broad range of skills and are consequently well prepared for the next stage in their education, employment or training.
- The more-able students achieve well. The proportion of students attaining A* and A grades is well above average in a range of subjects
- The conduct of sixth formers in all parts of the school is exemplary and they provide excellent role models for younger students.
Ofsted report, 2015
The links on the right will enable you to learn more about our school.